Saturday, November 6, 2010

CC Ornament

Here is an ornament I made for the Cricut Circle ornament challenge.  The challenge was to make an ornament with 4 cuts on the Cricut and another Provo Craft tool.  I choose to use the Cuttlebug for my other tool. 

I really wanted to make something 3D so here is what I came up with!  The snowflakes are all from the When It's Cold Outside cartridge.  I picked my favorite snowflake and cut the black out version twice and the overlay 4 times all at 4".  I then put the overlay on both sides of the blackout version and cut slits up the middle to be able to connect them together.  I used embossing powder to cover the paper and make it a shiny snowflake!!!  I then cut 3 smaller snowflakes from 3/4" to 1.5" and embossed them with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder.  They are hanging from the large snowflakes with fishing wire.  I really like the finished product and the look that the embossing I did gave the ornament!  I am officially in the Christmas mood :)

Enjoy!

~Emily

Ingredients
When It's Cold Outside Cartridge
Swiss Dots Embossing Folder and Cuttlebug
Silver and Blue Embossing Power
Embossing Heat Tool
Fishing Wire

5 comments: