Saturday, January 8, 2011

My 1st Cricut Cake!!

Wooohooo!  I completed my first Cricut Cake last night!  I was lucky enough to get the Cricut Cake Mini from one of my friends for Christmas.  I was so excited to try it out and finally had time yesterday.  I decided that the first cake I make better go to the person who gave me the machine so I made a rather simple design to just try and get a hang of cutting the frosting.  I used Cricut frosting sheets.  The sheets looked gross because they were so hard and brittle, but I tried a little bit of the frosting, and it actually didn't taste bad once the frosting softened. 

I used the George and Basic Shapes cart and the Cake Basics cart.  It wasn't the best work, but he said it tasted delicious (not sure he would tell me otherwise, lol)!  I also decided to just frost the cake rather than using fondant this time.  I know fondant looks so pretty, but I really don't like the taste of it.  Hope you enjoy!

Do any of you have pictures of cakes that you made with the cake machine?  If so, I would love to see them :)

~Emily

Top of Cake

Side View

2 comments: